Sunday, April 11, 2010

Dec 2007: Christmas

Wow, this was a long time ago! Two of my students at the time, Ellie and Luna, brought be the best Christmas present I could have asked for: a plastic Christmas tree! (I made kimchi with Ellie's family a few entries back.) I saw both Ellie and Luna when I went back to Korea the next year, but have since lost their contact info.

They were great: funny, sarcastic, and independent. Luna always said she wanted to marry for love (she did, and had a baby about a year ago), but Ellie would only consider tall, handsome, rich men (she was single every time I saw her). Ellie looked on Luna's romantic notions with disdain: Ellie is a true Korean.

This picture was taken at Suzanne's Christmas party. Nice earmuffs, huh? I got those for Suzanne.

And, as we all know, I got a little dog for myself, which soon became Heidi's, and then my parents': Humeong!

No comments: